What do you get when you combine the fun and mystery of fall with the best hotel in Asheville NC? You get a horrifyingly good time, of course! A town as historic as Asheville most definitely has a few restless spirits skulking about. Chances are good you’ll see a few of them, if you take one of the many ghost tours that explore the scarier side of this mountain community.
For a real adventure into the unknown, join the Haunted Asheville walking tour that starts nightly at the downtown Masonic lodge. During this two-hour trek into the unknown, your guide will share with you many of the local legends that are part of our heritage. Some of the stories you’ll hear include:
- Reports of the apparitions that haunt Helen’s Bridge, scene of a tragic suicide some years back.
- The chilling account of a murder at the nearby Battery Park Hotel, and of the victim’s spirit that wanders its halls to this day.
- The tale of how a body came to be entombed in the walls of St. Lawrence’s church, one of the many centuries-old structures you’ll pass by during your tour.
You’ll also visit Asheville’s very own Mystery Museum, where you’ll see exhibits sponsored by local ghost hunting and paranormal groups. The walking pace is unhurried and easily completed by anyone in reasonably good health. The material presented during the tour is appropriate for older children as well as adults. Details are available at the official website.
Don’t feel like strolling about at night? No problem! You can also enjoy a unique bus excursion that combines ghostly stories with howling good laughs. The Haunted Comedy Bus Tour will take you on a one-hour expedition past some of Asheville’s more grisly locations. You’ll hear about sordid affairs from the city’s past, as well as the spirits that remain witness to the foul deeds that occurred. This is an adults-only tour, and guests are welcome to bring their own adult beverages along for the ride. You can find out more at the official website.
Once you’ve explored the spooky side of town, what could be better than relaxing in the finest hotel in Asheville NC? Brookstone stands apart from other local inns by offering true world-class luxury and comfort. We offer the following amenities:
- Smoke-free environment.
- 32” flat screen televisions with Directv service.
- Granite vanity and tub.
- Plush pillows.
- Heated indoor pool.
- Open air patio with hot tub.
- Spacious lobby with magnificent double-sided fireplace.
- Complimentary high-speed Internet.
- Fitness center.
- A delicious full breakfast.
- Delightfully comfortable rooms and much, much more.
Spend some time with us and you’ll agree that Brookstone is truly the best hotel in Asheville NC. We look forward to having you as our guest.